Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No, Really???

Do you ever have a day or two, or perhaps a week that feels that way? Wow, my week is off and running and I'm having a hard time keeping up with it. For those of you who know me really well, you know I deal with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. 

A couple of years ago I was introduced to a supplement that has changed my life. Not to retell the story (you can look at older blogs if you want to read it) but in reality, I had reached a point where I was hopeless; I had given up. I've written a lot about dealing daily with fibromyalgia on my team site but it's been a while since I've really written. Okay, I'm rambling trying to set the stage. 

Anyways, the last 2 weeks my body has been reminding me that it's not well yet. I've been running low grade fevers and feeling quite fatigued. (It took years to become this ill so it will take time to recover. Every so often my body likes to remind me that I haven't arrived yet.) The fever finally manifested itself in a way that I could respond and deal with it--sinus issues. Spent a few days dealing with it but . . . I quit too soon! So, what happened today? You guessed it! Sinus issues, headache, and fatigue back. 

It reminds me of a couple of things. First it reminds me of the Christian life. The Bible talks about being a new creature in Christ; old to new. One thing that Christians sometimes forget though is you need to replace the old habits/things with new habits/things. If you don't, you end up going back to the old. 

That principle applies to life in general, too. If you are trying to change your old habits such as eating poorly, you must replace it with good. If you are trying to change your thought process, you have to put new material in there. 

Another thing that comes to mind is the quitting too soon. So many times we are nearing the finish line, achieving the goal, and we quit. We think we are close enough or possibly we think it is too hard and we quit. If we would have continued, we would have accomplished what we set out to accomplish. By like Paul who said that he had fought the good fight and finished his course. Be a finisher not a quitter!

Also running through my head is Psalm 61:2, ". . . when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Now, my heart isn't overwhelmed but my mind certainly is! One of the issues with fibromyalgia is a term called "fibro fog" where your thoughts just don't come or come clearly. 

(If you could see me writing this post, you'd have to laugh as I experience one of those moments, lol.) My mind tends to fill up to the point that it "quits" on me. I've been experiencing that for a couple of days now. Instead of stressing out or worrying about it, I'm singing Psalm 61:2-3. It's a great way to calm the mind and de-stress the body. 

This too shall pass! Enjoy life; we all have different things that we deal with!

No comments:

Post a Comment