Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lesson 6 from Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Work to Learn; Don't Work for Money


1. You need other skills besides working hard.


2. You need more than talent.


3. Know a little about a lot. (This depends on how you apply it because the first thing that came to mind was "Jack of all, master of none." However, if you're looking at within a particular field such as a business, an overview knowledge of all aspects in needed.)


4. J.O.B.-Just Over Broke is in this chapter along with the concept of at the job you are working just hard enough not to get fired and getting paid just enough not to quit. (p. 136)


5. Analogy of getting into the bill paying routine is similar to being a hamster on a wheel--round and round you go without going anywhere.


6. Communication skills are vital to becoming successful.


7. Give as well as receive. The truly wealthy are those who give.


8. Most importantly to me--I have a better understanding and clearer picture regarding what my mentor has been doing with me for the past 2 years. He has continued to educate me and make my skills more diversified. About the time I have figured out what he expects of me in my role, he changes it. New responsibilities are given and new skills are learned. Delegation has also been included in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment