Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Living Daily with Fibromyalgia

Living Daily with Fibromyalgia--Unless you have a condition you deal with daily that randomly changes on a whim, it may be difficult for you to fathom what it is like to deal with Fibromyalgia. I am blogging about my victories and struggles with fibro only because I know that there are literally thousands and thousands of other people in the world who struggle with Fibro or another conditions daily.

It can be very disheartening and discouraging to awaken each morning not knowing how you will feel as the day progresses. Some days I know before I get out of bed that it is going to be a high-pain day. Other days I awaken alive and ready to conquer the world! One of the most frustrating things about this condition is I never know when I am going to suddenly worsen. The day can be going great when suddenly, 30 minutes later, I am ready to scream in frustration at the pain.

I began struggling with the symptoms of Fibro in the mid-1990s, but wasn't diagnosed for several years. Each year it seemed like my symptoms increased and spread. Gradually I reached a point where I didn't want to be around people because they could unintentionally hurt me simply by touching me or bumping into me. I began withdrawing from society. It was safer to be alone then to place myself in jeopardy of additional pain. However, my friends noticed. It was difficult to explain what was going on within my body and mind with the Fibromyalgia.

For me, my "lifesaver" from Fibromyalgia came in the form of a friend who introduced me to a nutritional product call Zija that contains over 90 nutrients and is 100% bio-available. As I began on the Zija nutritionals, my condition actually became more apparent but now I had some new friends who could help my body begin healing. Not only that, but they were there, and still are there, through the hard days. I found hope again through a friend.

I have two challenges for you today. First, if you have a friend who is struggling, be there for them. You may not have all the answers, but be there, that means a lot. Secondly, if you are struggling, don't give up. Keep learning, keep your mind open to new information and be willing to try an alternative way of helping your body heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment